I think, often, today’s contemporary Nigerian artist forgets he/she is Nigerian until reminders like this situation. According to news reports, Nigeria’s National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) is now investigating Davido for drug use as a result of his music video ‘Fans mi.’
“The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, would be investigating ‘skelewu ‘crooner, Davido over inappropriate use of hard drugs in his recent hit song, ‘Fans mi’ which he featured American top Rapper, Meek Mill .
According to the NDLEA’s Head of Public Affairs, Mr. Mitchell Ofeyju in an interview with the New Telegraph, “the agency considers the musical video ‘Fans Mi’ inappropriate and indecent. It has the tendency to negatively influence and induce drug use and trafficking…” DailyPostNg
We will wait and see what becomes of this. In the meantime, what are your thoughts?
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company