I think, often, today’s contemporary Nigerian artist forgets he/she is Nigerian until reminders like this situation. According to news reports, Nigeria’s National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) is now investigating Davido for drug use as a result of his music video ‘Fans mi.’
“The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, would be investigating ‘skelewu ‘crooner, Davido over inappropriate use of hard drugs in his recent hit song, ‘Fans mi’ which he featured American top Rapper, Meek Mill .
According to the NDLEA’s Head of Public Affairs, Mr. Mitchell Ofeyju in an interview with the New Telegraph, “the agency considers the musical video ‘Fans Mi’ inappropriate and indecent. It has the tendency to negatively influence and induce drug use and trafficking…” DailyPostNg
We will wait and see what becomes of this. In the meantime, what are your thoughts?
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’