Folks, unfortunately, Nigeria’s D’Banj lost the bid to be chosen as a nominee for MTV Europe Music Awards World Wide Act. BUT!!!! Ladybrille 2010 Artist to Watch, Ahmed Soultan, made the cut! I am SO VERY EXCITED!! VERY EXCITED. It feels good to make predictions based on visions people can’t see or understand and have it come to fruition. Check out the deets and please VOTE FOR AHMED!!!
“Meet the 5 international contenders for the EMA honour chosen by fans around the globe!
The Olympics may be over, but there’s another major global competition happening in 2012. We’re talking, of course, about the race for this year’s Worldwide Act EMA, only the second ever to be awarded—and as of today, the finalists are off and running!
Tons of dedicated music fans across the earth voted for their favourite local artists. Then they voted for the artist to represent their region in the running for Worldwide Act. And all their clicks have now determined the 5 nominees! They are…
Worldwide Act Africa-India-Middle East Nominee: Ahmed Soultan
Worldwide Act Asia Pacific Nominee: Han Geng
Worldwide Act Europe Nominee: Dima Bilan
Worldwide Act Latin America Nominee: Restart
Worldwide Act North America Nominee: Rihanna
Now it’s time to vote for your favourite nominee to be recognized as 2012’s premier international artist! From now until 9 November, keep clicking to pick the winner of Worldwide Act, as well as all the other EMA categories. The victors will be announced on 11 November at the big Frankfurt event, airing live at 9PM CET!” – MTV EMA
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company