I know some of you AML readers hold a healthy skepticism when it comes to D’Banj. You want to see more of his music and wonder how he manages to still pop on the radar. You also, in your comments over time, keep focusing on him getting a public relations team. From the looks of things he has secured a PR team, and even more specifically, returned to Bobby Taylor in Nigeria. D’banj started with Bobby Taylor and then took his business to Vanessa Amadi in the UK. Amid manages/managed Genevieve Nnaji and Estelle (for the UK markets). In any event, catch Bobby Taylor, in the video below the Raro Lae one, name drop D’Banj and how she is getting him placed in the media.
For me, I can’t knock the hustle.
The raro lae interview was filmed by Champion Studio, in collaboration with Lafamedia Productions, iCirculate & Kedu TV.
“D’Banj spoke of working on “Coming To America” music project for 6+ months ( Including I’m D’Banj Album & EP) celebrating his 10th year anniversary, million dollar Jesus piece jewelry given to him by Kanye Wes exclusive info about his latest music vid, being inspired by Beyonce for current project ( He’s already filmed 5+ videos) , paving the way for international artist, ciroc sponsorship, D’Banj being the P.Diddy, Michael Jackson, Jay Z of Africa, Struggles & obstacles he faced in his 10 Years and more!”
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry