Catch up with part 2 of D’Banj’s interview with Olisa Adibua.
1. D’Banj did not know Oliver will be so big.
2. He was in a hotel in South Africa after being rejected by Don Jazzy.
3. For his Koko concert, none of his Mo’Hits team came to support him.
4. As he settled in South Africa, he got word from his team that Oliver Twist was going viral. He booked his ticket and headed to UK for a concert. He contacted Kanye West who agreed to show up after listening to and liking the song.
5. If the right money comes, Don Jazzy and D’Banj will perform together, once again.
6. He received a lot of heat for his support of President Goodluck Jonathan.
7. He asked for an interview with Goodluck Jonathan.
8. He was never paid for the interview. He was paid for his performance as an artist.
9. He would not conduct an interview with Goodluck Jonathan at this time in 2015 because he is busy.
10. When was the last time D’Banj have a hit music? He feels ‘Top of the World’ was that song and was played on World Cup.
11. People are emotional because they want D’Banj and Don Jazzy to perform.
12. Things do get heated at 13:00.
13. He heaps blame on industry leaders to change the trend of making a song have a spin of only 3months.
14. D’Banj gets agitated with Olisa’s attempt and suggestions that he did not create his own music.
15. D’Banj wrote ‘Cocoa Na Chocolate’ theme song for the Agriculture.
16. He denies owing a debt and says his lawyers are on it.
17. He says a friend defrauded him of $2million.
18. He owns a digital distribution company.
19. He refuses to discuss his personal relationship (smart move).
20. He owns all Koko trademarks and intends to do more with the mark.
21. He apologized for his botched Koko concert.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives