D’Banj accuses Dr. Sid of breaking up Mo’Hits. D’Banj already has legal problems pursuing him. He better be sure the statements he just made are accurate and not false, otherwise I’d be surprised if Dr. Sid doesn’t come after him for defamation. Dr. Sid is in a good place in his career and personal life now. Who wants the whole world hearing that you are responsible for breaking Mo’Hits?
D’Banj references the leaked audio where Dr. Sid says D’Banj overshadowed him. Does overshadow mean Dr. Sid broke up Mo’Hits? Those are two separate things.
Also, if I recall correctly, D’Banj had an exclusive interview with Ayeni Adekunle in April of 2012 and I don’t recall him saying anything about Dr. Sid breaking up Mo’Hits. In fact, if I recall specifically, he cited the fact that Don Jazzy was not interested in going along with relocating and trying to conquer the American market via way of the GOOD Music Deal. This was the story D’Banj maintained from day one way before the leaked audio that came much later with Dr. Sid’s statements.
Three years later, 2015, now he accuses Dr. Sid. What changed?
Let’s see what happens with this.
1. D’Banj got an artist deal with GOOD/Def Jam.
2. He turned it down.
3. They entered into a partnership deal: Mo’Hits/GOOD Music/Def Jam partnership.
4. Def Jam would distribute for Mo’Hits.
5. They had a separate production deal for Don Jazzy.
6. Olisa: “Who broke up Mo’Hits?
D’Banj: ‘First person, Dr. Sid.”
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company