Hollywood Reporter has named Dina LaPolt of LaPolt Law as one (1) of ten (10) most influential music business lawyers in its ‘Power Lawyers 2015’ edition.
LaPolt who is a graduate of John F. Kennedy University College of Law in Walnut Creek, California, joins Uduak Oduok (Ms. Uduak), host of The Africa Music Law Show, to discuss her journey towards becoming one of the most powerful lawyers in the entertainment industry.
In the 43rd podcast episode, LaPolt shares how she broke into the music business, how she became a lawyer, her first job as a lawyer, launching her own law firm, working with some of the biggest names in the music industry including Tupac Shakur’s estate, Steven Tyler and Deadmau5, dealing with lawsuits and “haters”, her work with helping to overhaul the U.S. Copyright Act and much more.
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’