Hollywood Reporter has named Dina LaPolt of LaPolt Law as one (1) of ten (10) most influential music business lawyers in its ‘Power Lawyers 2015’ edition.
LaPolt who is a graduate of John F. Kennedy University College of Law in Walnut Creek, California, joins Uduak Oduok (Ms. Uduak), host of The Africa Music Law Show, to discuss her journey towards becoming one of the most powerful lawyers in the entertainment industry.
In the 43rd podcast episode, LaPolt shares how she broke into the music business, how she became a lawyer, her first job as a lawyer, launching her own law firm, working with some of the biggest names in the music industry including Tupac Shakur’s estate, Steven Tyler and Deadmau5, dealing with lawsuits and “haters”, her work with helping to overhaul the U.S. Copyright Act and much more.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society