DJ Caise leaves Audu Maikori owned and MI Abaga managed record company, Chocolate City (CC). He claims, in a recent video interview, that their relationship was always a joint venture, “anyways”, and he is now focused on building his company. Best wishes to him. Talents come and talents go. It is what it is. What I want to know is who is left at Chocolate City these days and has the label lost its spark?
It seems like we have seen an exodus of talents for a relatively small company by international standards. In the last few years alone, we have seen Ice Prince, Brymo, DJ Caise, Pryse, Jesse Jagz, Milli, Kahli Abdu & VHS Safari leave. What’s going on and who is actually left at the label beyond Victoria Kimani? Anyone know?
I do note and do see Chocolate City diversifying their business portfolio to include more media and entertainment products and services. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see what lies ahead for the label arm within the next few years.
What are your thoughts on the current strength of the Chocolate City records brand, has the label lost its spark?
— Abiola Solanke (@Abiola_Solanke) February 3, 2017
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company