DJ Cuppy who is now based in New York attending graduate school is still busy building her music brand. She makes an appearance on the ‘Brilliant Idiots’ show to talk with hosts Charlamagne and Andre Schulz.
She talks about breaking into the music industry, culture shock, creating a unique brand, her internship at Roc Nation, bleaching in Nigeria, trying to get her ‘music business’ masters degree and more.
Truthfully, the hosts especially Andre Schulz ask some highly absurd/inappropriate questions, especially from a twenty-two year old. There are questions meant to provoke a reaction and then there are questions that are downright stupid and highly inappropriate, especially when your subject is still so young and a young woman at that.
NOTE: Strong language used. The hosts truly live up to their name ‘Brilliant idiots.’ Listen at your own discretion. Start at the 40:00 mins mark.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”