DJ Cuppy who is now based in New York attending graduate school is still busy building her music brand. She makes an appearance on the ‘Brilliant Idiots’ show to talk with hosts Charlamagne and Andre Schulz.
She talks about breaking into the music industry, culture shock, creating a unique brand, her internship at Roc Nation, bleaching in Nigeria, trying to get her ‘music business’ masters degree and more.
Truthfully, the hosts especially Andre Schulz ask some highly absurd/inappropriate questions, especially from a twenty-two year old. There are questions meant to provoke a reaction and then there are questions that are downright stupid and highly inappropriate, especially when your subject is still so young and a young woman at that.
NOTE: Strong language used. The hosts truly live up to their name ‘Brilliant idiots.’ Listen at your own discretion. Start at the 40:00 mins mark.
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo