The latest releases out of Nigeria & Africa’s music industry. Folks, our Nigerian artists are hitting hundreds of thousands to millions of view on You Tube in a short turn around time. What is interesting to observe is that it is not only the super famous ones that are enjoying this growing notoriety.
For this week’s feature, for the Davido music video below, you knew Meek Mill had to throw in all that flesh. That is not Davido’s typical style. I do like that Davido kept control of the music overall and all that bag of white stuff that seemed like hard drugs was him introducing his cultural food to Americans. I’d edit the video vixen out of the video. I think Davido inches closer to being a part of cementing strong ties with Nigeria and America’s entertainment industry.
On the May-D video, I still think we need to do better as an industry with the quality of videos we produce. It looks like many elements of the P-Square ‘Personally’ video. It also lacks originality and at least one of the video vixens should have been edited out in post production.
What are your thoughts on the quality of our video productions?
1. ‘Don’t Leave Me’ by Freshly Ground (South Africa)
2. In her Eyes by Dola Billz (Dola, I see you)
3.Fans Mi by Davido ft. Meek Mill (Strong Language)
4. Ewele by Show Dem Camp ft. Ms. Iye
5. CAPITAL-Nation: Finally ft. IllBliss, Chidinma, Tha Suspekt, Fefe & Mz kiss
6. Ale Yi A Bad by May D ft. Skales
7. Sweedim by Shiikane (a group out of the UK)
8.Godwin by Korede Bello (the video is controversial for the dance moves.)
9. Sweedim by SHiikane
10. Heart break by Yung6ix
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives