[spp-player]166 Family record label founder Dola-Billz is a hugely talented rapper, producer and director. He was born in the United Kingdom (UK), but spent his high school years in Nigeria. It was during his time in Nigeria that he discovered his love for music. Upon his return t o the UK, he harnessed his love for the arts and later studied sound engineering in Scotland. Subsequently, he launched his label 166 Family signing some of the UK’s freshest acts. Under his leadership the 166 artists, including Dola, gained continent wide attention with their music and videos played on platforms like MTV base Africa, Channel O, Nigezie, Channel U in the UK and more.
Dola Billz joins Ms. Uduak on the 61st episode of the Africa Music Law Show to discuss his journey into music, his break up with Tillaman (an integral part of 166), restructuring 166, his personal family challenges, his new music and the future for the label.[spp-transcript]
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!