Don Jazzy and Iyanya may have thought they received a gift from producer Blaq Jerzy but apparently, it wasn’t a gift. The producer is suing for illegal use of his song. Below is the story as reported by www.UDRMedia.com:
“A direct source confirmed that even though, Don Jazzy, Mavin Records, MTN Nigeria, MTech LTD, MCOMM solutions are all included on the law suit, the main targets are Ubi Franklin and Iyanya for not paying Blaq Jerzy.
Gift was written and produced by Blaq Jerzy, however Ubi Franklin, who collected advance payments from MTN, MTECH Limited and MCOMM for the song, never paid the producer, the source confirmed.
Here is the General Form of the Summons that we received, read for yourself!
The Nigeria Entertainment Industry has seen a series of lawsuit recently and this is another major one here. Is this beginning of a new trend of artists finally taking control of their work? Time will tell.”
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society