Dr. Sid took to twitter to defend his statements made about D’Banj in a recently leaked audio clip to the media. He explains his conversation was a “private” one. Below is what he tweeted on October 15th, 2012.
“Hi tweeps hope everyone is having a good day?(P)lease permit me to address the issue of the recording that was released this weekend. I had a PRIVATE conversation with people I trusted (Kamal, Dbanjs’ associate Evil, Godfather, Davido, B-Red). I’m entitled to my opinion and its unfortunate that this happened.Sadly, someone chose to record this private conversation and release it to the public. However, this has taught me a valuable lesson on who to and not to speak with, but life must goes on.”
I like how he says, “I am entitled to my opinion.” He also says he had a “private” conversation. Clearly, the non-label mates and business owner of a separate business did not get the memo. Sure he is entitled to his opinion and so is the public and media who have now heard his statements.
For me, he still hasn’t answered the question of why he deemed it appropriate to discuss his label business with outsiders and another label owner.
Also, I totally forgot D’Banj had won ‘Best African Act’ at the 2007 MTV Europe Music Awards just when Dr. Sid had been signed to Mo’Hits. So, again, I am confused what Dr. Sid was going on about D’Banj “overshadowing him?”
In any event, this story is not worth spending more time on. It is a total waste of space on AML. Dr. Sid is in a world of his own. As I have said, it is only a matter of time that character we now know he has shows up again. On to the next story people.
Actually, it is a very busy day for me. So, have a great Tuesday. I’ll catch you all later.
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up