The story goes like this. Drake & British-Nigerian Grime artist Skepta are good friends. Drake was recently in the UK for a concert. He gets in touch with his friend Skepta who then introduces him to Wizkid’s hit single ‘Ojuelegba’ off Wizkid’s 2014 album ‘Ayo.’ Drake is impressed. He follows Wizkid on one of his social media pages (instagram) and also acknowledges him.
Skepta and Drake then decide to remix ‘Ojuelegba.’ They remix and then wait for Wizkid to return to the UK. Upon Wizkid’s return, and I presume getting the necessary consent and clearances, they released the song yesterday evening. Needless to say, Nigerian music fans worldwide are going crazy.
Check on the remixed version.
‘Nigerian Music Going Global’ tracks the infiltration of contemporary Nigerian music and artists across the globe.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives