Davido was a recent guest on The Ebro Darden Beats1 Apple Music Show. During his appearance, he discussed the distinctions between Afrobeat and Afrofusion. The latter is how he identifies his music. He also discussed the music business terrain in Nigeria, the rise of hot young producers, finding music at Oakwood College in Alabama, skipping school to pursue music, and his realization that he was better off making great music and letting American celebrities chase him for collaborations, rather than the other way around.
Listen and watch a few clips below.
Photocredit: Davido Instagram page
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society