Things have really hit the fan with the latest news concerning the infighting/war between COSON board members. To catch up with the history of this infighting, revisit the links below.
In the meantime, here is an excerpt of the breaking news about the arrest and arraignment of Efe Omoregbe. Omoregbe is an artist-manager to contemporary African music icon, 2 Face. He is a COSON board member, a founder of the artist-management company NOW Muzik, among other things.
The founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Now Muzik Limited, Mr. Efe Omorogbe, was on Thursday arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrates’ Court, Lagos for alleged forgery.
Omorogbe, 47, was arraigned by the Zone II Police Command Headquarters, Obalende, alongside Mr Joel Ajayi, 61, before Chief Magistrate O. O. Oshin.
Ajayi is listed on the Copyright Society of Nigeria Ltd (COSON) website as a Board of Directors member and “the Managing Director, Gospel Choral Records Ltd.”
They are standing trial on a three-count charge of forgery, use of a false document and breach of peace.
Prosecuting Sergeant Friday Mameh told the court that the defendants and others at large, committed the offences on December 7, 2017 at No. 41, Oluwaleyimu Street, Ikeja, Lagos.
Mameh alleged that they forged the COSON letterheaded, “with intent that it may be acted upon or used as genuine…to the prejudice of COSON.
“The offence is contrary to Section 363 and punishable under Section 376 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.”
Nigeria Lawyer has the full story.
The story is still developing…
Video conference featuring Efe Omoregbe on why Okoroji should resign
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up