Things have really hit the fan with the latest news concerning the infighting/war between COSON board members. To catch up with the history of this infighting, revisit the links below.
In the meantime, here is an excerpt of the breaking news about the arrest and arraignment of Efe Omoregbe. Omoregbe is an artist-manager to contemporary African music icon, 2 Face. He is a COSON board member, a founder of the artist-management company NOW Muzik, among other things.
The founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Now Muzik Limited, Mr. Efe Omorogbe, was on Thursday arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrates’ Court, Lagos for alleged forgery.
Omorogbe, 47, was arraigned by the Zone II Police Command Headquarters, Obalende, alongside Mr Joel Ajayi, 61, before Chief Magistrate O. O. Oshin.
Ajayi is listed on the Copyright Society of Nigeria Ltd (COSON) website as a Board of Directors member and “the Managing Director, Gospel Choral Records Ltd.”
They are standing trial on a three-count charge of forgery, use of a false document and breach of peace.
Prosecuting Sergeant Friday Mameh told the court that the defendants and others at large, committed the offences on December 7, 2017 at No. 41, Oluwaleyimu Street, Ikeja, Lagos.
Mameh alleged that they forged the COSON letterheaded, “with intent that it may be acted upon or used as genuine…to the prejudice of COSON.
“The offence is contrary to Section 363 and punishable under Section 376 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.”
Nigeria Lawyer has the full story.
The story is still developing…
Video conference featuring Efe Omoregbe on why Okoroji should resign
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’