The Chocolate City Nigeria crew recently conducted a press conference leading up to the #ELI Everybody Loves Ice Prince launch party. At the press conference, we see less of Audu Maikori, one of the primary executives at Chocolate City; and more of M.I stepping into an executive role. M.I is an executive within the label but for the most part, his visibility has been in the capacity of an artist.
Overall good look. I loved how he also dressed the part of an executive. He also has a good sense of humor and is very polite to the press. M.I recently signed emerging talent Ruby under CC’s subsidiary Loopy Records. Ruby is extremely talented and I expect her career to soar if the CC/.Loopy crew throw their marketing and promotions weight behind her, the way they are Ice Prince, among other things.
The press conference here is quite professional and I think M.I Abaga and Mr. ELI handled themselves well. Ice Prince is totally polite to the press. He says, “thank you for the question” to a press member who posed a question before answering the question.
For all industry people click to read my article on ‘How to Speak at a Press Conference’ using the P-Square example.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”