The Chocolate City Nigeria crew recently conducted a press conference leading up to the #ELI Everybody Loves Ice Prince launch party. At the press conference, we see less of Audu Maikori, one of the primary executives at Chocolate City; and more of M.I stepping into an executive role. M.I is an executive within the label but for the most part, his visibility has been in the capacity of an artist.
Overall good look. I loved how he also dressed the part of an executive. He also has a good sense of humor and is very polite to the press. M.I recently signed emerging talent Ruby under CC’s subsidiary Loopy Records. Ruby is extremely talented and I expect her career to soar if the CC/.Loopy crew throw their marketing and promotions weight behind her, the way they are Ice Prince, among other things.
The press conference here is quite professional and I think M.I Abaga and Mr. ELI handled themselves well. Ice Prince is totally polite to the press. He says, “thank you for the question” to a press member who posed a question before answering the question.
For all industry people click to read my article on ‘How to Speak at a Press Conference’ using the P-Square example.
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show