Emem Ema, an artist manager extraordinaire who currently manages Mr. P, one of the biggest acts out of Africa, joins Ms. Uduak, Fashion and Entertainment Lawyer and host of The Africa Music Law Show, on the 151st episode to discuss the business of artist management and building a credible management agency.
ABOUT EMEM EMA
Emem Ema is an artist turned lawyer and now music manager and business owner. She is also the founder and CEO of One Management, a talent and creative management agency in Nigeria managing creatives in music, film, television, theater, sports, and tech. One Management, since its inception, has worked with over 60 clients from diverse industries, held and supported over 150 events worldwide including tours, roadshows and corporate events; and currently has six talents it manages.
Emem has shadowed international artist-managers including the likes of Benny Medina (managed Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez, Diddy, etc.), Ari Emmanuel, Kevin Liles, Guy Oseary (managed Madonna and U2), and Chris Morisson (Blur, Gorillaz).
A Bachelor’s and LLB degree holder from Nigerian Law School and the University of Lagos, Emem has also been a consultant to the British Council in London, Kenya, South Africa, and Ghana.
WHERE TO FIND EMEM
ABOUT THE AFRICA MUSIC LAW SHOW
- Premier music business and entertainment law show empowering the African artist, and the creative industry at large.
- Is the industry’s go-to source for business, legal commentary & analysis on Africa’s entertainment market.
- Made iTunes Top 3 Business Podcasts in Nigeria.
- Made iTunes Top 4 ‘New & Noteworthy’.
- Hundreds of thousands of downloads.
- Subscribers: Africa & Hollywood’s power executives, industry professionals, and creative talents.
- Countries represented: Nigeria (26%), USA (23%), UK (15%), UAE (7%), and Other (29%)
Ms. Uduak – Fashion and Entertainment Lawyer & Founder of Africa Music Law.
Where to Find Host Ms. Uduak
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo