2Face’s camp released the press statement below, two days ago. EWA, an emerging artist, it is alleged stole 2Face’s song. She has also allegedly admitted to the unlawful act and having a producer allegedly alter 2Face’s voice in the song. I am unsure why she would do this, especially given the notoriety of 2Face. This makes no sense.
“It has been brought to our attention that there is a song “Crazy Love” being circulated on the internet which was composed and sang by one Ewa and purportedly featuring 2Face.
We wish to use this medium to categorically state that 2Face did not feature in any song composed and sang by any Ewa. The song is an illegal manipulation and super-imposition on 2Face’s unreleased song titled “Could This Be Love”. This odious and fraudulent act is not only condemnable but also an assault to the integrity of the entertainment industry which thrives on creativity and hard work.
In particular, the act is an infringement of 2Face right under the Copyright Act Cap C28, LFN 2004 and we shall employ the full force of law to enforce the breach of his reproduction, publishing, performance, communication rights which have been breached.
TAKE NOTICE that any person who performs or caused to be performed the said infringing song shall also be guilty of infringement under the Copyright Act and we shall not hesitate to bring the full weight of law to bear on the person.”
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society