The first edition of the New Media Conference which took place on May 27th, 2015 at Terra Kulture, in Lagos witnessed a huge turn out despite the fuel crisis which affected a lot of residents in Lagos and other parts of the country.
The speakers at the event comprises of highly established names in digital media space like Ameyaw Debrah from Ghana, Subomi Plumptre, Tolu Ogunlesi, Osagie Alonge, Demilade Olaosun, Taiwo Kola Ogunlade, Ayodele Rotimi, Jesse Oguntimehin & many others were present to shed light on the misconceptions of New Media and also set straight the path of this multi-billion dollars industry.
The Theme for this year’s conference is: NEW MEDIA IN THIS AGE: CHANGING THE WHOLE PERSPECTIVE and topics ranging from Technology, Blogging, Law and branding were prominently discussed.
The event which became one of the trending topics in the Nigeria social media space also witnessed the presence of media heavyweight Adekunle Ayeni of Black House Media, Award winning journalist Chris Ehidero, online and radio personality Tosyn Bucknor, Ajebutter 22, Ubi Franklin, Moriam Musa of Moris PR, Joy Isi Bewaji, Niran Adedokun, Colin Udoh, Isi Esene of Ynaija, amongst others.
The New Media Conference is supported by Multichoice Nigeria, Google Nigeria, Y Naija, Print Magic, K Stunt Media, First Class Screens, Pulse NG, Ebonylife TV, Acada Magazine, Afrotainment, Printivo, Photo Booth Naija, Pulse NG, The SheetNG, Information Nigeria, Terra Kulture, The Trillionbucks Company, Media Exposure and the event was powered by Olori Supergal Company.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”