Below are relevant updates from the “ABSU” Gang rape case involving five Nigerian men against a young female university student. News media reports the school denies the incident took place on their campus.
CHANGE.ORG ABSU PETITION CALLS FOR JUSTICE. SIGN HERE.
How to help:
If you have any information about the victim of this crime, a team of young people have put together a bounty of N200, 000 – send information to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also send an email to the Honourable Minister of Youth on email@example.com – he is coordinating with the office of the Police Affairs Minister. The deputy commissioner of police has said no such event was reported by the university. If you have any information, the ministry needs it now.
The National Human Rights Commission has also sent staff to Abia to investigate wih a report promised on Wednesday.
There will be a Walk Against Rape on Wednesday, 28 September at 11am at Upgate, Abia State University. To Join or support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in any doubt about what to do, send us an email at email@example.com and we will help you.
1. Esther Ijewere, Founder of Walk Against Rape Nigeria Interviews with YNaija.com and calls for stiffer rape laws.
( I want to see enforcement with what we already have. Enforcement is the biggest issue. )
2. Blogger Sugabelly addresses statements on Twitter about what constitutes rape
3. Blogger Sugabelly identifies names of perpetrator of Gang rape on college female victim in Abia State
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company