Happy birthday to me! May 5th! Cinco de mayo. About three hours ago, some decades ago, I made my announcement into the world. I am grateful to God for keeping, protecting and blessing me. I have learnt so much, I continue to grow, and I love myself even more so than I did a year ago. I do what I do and how I do it because of my deep passion for my people, my Nigerian-ness and the deep belief that I can leave the world a better place than I found it.
Thank you to my family, friends, and everyone that has supported and continue to support my passion; and have also been a part of making me a better, stronger and wiser person. May God bless and richly reward you.
A special thank you to everyone who has ever read this blog. I have fun when I am writing here. It is a party for me and I appreciate you for coming to kick it with me, time and time again.
If you know anything about me, you know I loooooooooooove to dance. So, in celebration of my birthday, here is a song that always gets me so happy and in a dance mood. It’s a song by the late Da Grin. It resonates with me on so many levels starting with my humble beginnings as a child raised in Nigeria; and even though I was not born in the country, definitely, “Omo Naija ni mi” ( I am a Nigerian child).
Photocredits: Arun Nevader, Will Taylor, Beau Jones
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show