Happy Friday AML people!! My weekend is going to be real cool. I’m happy about that. I hope you all have an equally nice weekend. I’m saying au revoir (goodbye) with the latest video from the Chocolate City camp. It is by Ice Prince and features Reggae super star Gyptian, and it is titled ‘Magician.’
A couple of things on the AML Nigeria Music Industry side of things:
- Spinlet (digital distribution Finland company with offices in San Francisco and Lagos) is stepping up its game. I like that its releases says the company is in non-exclusive digital distribution agreements with the artists/labels signed to it.
- AML Nigerian artists are overall stepping up their marketing and promotions via their music videos. Naeto C just dropped a video. I like it. M.I ‘s 7days video is on point, Ice Prince, Wande Coal and a whole host of others (including emerging artists) are also churning out solid music videos. Sesan Ogunro good job, really, on your latest two videos.
- Finally, for a while, I felt Music Video director Clarence Peters was sort of doing cookie cutter stuff that showed great picture quality and that he could do a music video but lacked any real story line or well thought out concept to really push AML Nigerian artists forward. Now, he is just “slapping” people all over the place with his creativity. From Bez to M.I to Ice Prince, and all videos in between, I am really seeing him step up on and deliver all around quality work. Keep up the good work Clarence.
Lots of stories to discuss, we will see what next week brings. On the Mo’Hits stuff, I’mma fall back on discussing the business law aspects of that case as it remains unclear what is and isn’t; and I don’t have the time to get to all the nuances. So, I’ll wait till they serve it straight up on what exactly is going on with the label, legally speaking.
Have a great weekend folks. Stay safe and I’ll catch y’all later.
Enjoy Ice Prince’s video ft. Gyptian.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives