You guys today has been crazy. I keep thinking I can just stop work for a moment, walk down the street and buy garri (type of “cereal” made out of cassava), soak it in water, add some peanuts (epa) for full effect and voila! I am set!!! The last I enjoyed such creative magical “snack” was over 20years ago. All of you living Nigeria, aren’t you so lucky?!! I particularly enjoy the Yoruba garri.
What’s an AML girl to do when she can’t get the little perks that comes with the Nigerian part of her “Nigerican” self in the USA? She listens, watches and “rawks” to Solidstar’s hit music and latest new music video ‘Omotena.’ Y’all check it out in a second.
Oopsy! We still have to talk about Efya, Sarkodie dropped new hits, D-Black, Sarkodie and other Ghanaian and Nigerian artists made the official cut as nominees for the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards this week. What’s happening to my XO Senavoe? Senavoe are you alive?
In another news, I am sooooooo excited in anticpation of my schedule going from superbusy to busy, very soon. Yes! I’m ready to bring the “legal punchlines” on the AML M-I-C! I will enjoy it all by myself even if you guys don’t enjoy it with me. BIG SMILE.
Have a briliantastic weekend and I’ll catch you all soon. Watch ‘Omotena’ by Solidstar below.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”