I wish you a fantastic and amazing 2015! 2015 for me is all about counting my blessings, spending more time with self and having a ball! I have never been one to just sit and appreciate all of my accomplishments. I accomplish and look thousands of miles ahead saying there is so much more to do. While that is good, I also need to enjoy and appreciate the now. So, in 2014, what did I accomplish?
1. I mentored quite a handful of young people and was so proud when a couple of them used the mentorship as a spring board to believe they could start their own businesses and are now full fledge entrepreneurs. YAY! I believe in investing in the future, no strings attached and I am so proud of them.
2. I spoke at the following events:
Keynote speaker: ‘How to Become a Fashion & Entertainment Lawyer’ at the Western Region Black Law Student Association Conference.
Panelist ‘How to Create Buzz for Your Business and Stay Out of Trouble’ at the National Association of Women Business Owners, Sacramento.
Presenter: ‘Business Formation & Fashion Law 101,’ for the Fashion Students at the International Academy of Design & Technology.
Moderator: ‘What it Takes to Make Your Business Successful’ put on by National Association of Women Business Owners, Sacramento.
Panelist: Social Media & Fair Use at UC Hastings College of the Law, Fashion, Arts & The Law Society.
3. I was featured in a national and prestigious publication, California Lawyer Magazine . Many experienced and extremely successful lawyers do not even get the opportunity for such a feature. I was completely honored for such a great opportunity. I want to make a dent both here at home in the USA and also in my mother’s land, Africa. I am glad that God allows me to do so. Read about it here.
5. I was also featured in Inno8tiv’s 50 Young Visionary Women Leaders to Watch in 2015. You can read about it here.
6. I began two podcast shows: Ladybrille and the Africa Music Law Podcast shows. Africa Music Law made the ‘New & Noteworthy’ on iTunes. Awesome! The two shows also had some amazing guests and got the attention of highly influential industry and business folks Stateside and in Africa. No shaking.
7. I made it happen with our book ‘Nigerian Music Industry & The Law: A Nigerian Artists’ Guide to Success in the Music Industry.’ We about publishing that baby this 2015!
8. Finally, on a personal level, I spent even more time with self, got rid of people and things that seemed to cause me more stress than happiness; and raised my deserve level higher because of course I know I deserve all of the great things I wish for myself and more.
I am proud of myself, very much so. It’s a new year. I am ready to do some serious damage, get our book published and take no prisoners while I am at it. Why? Because I believe in me and that’s just the way the thing goes.
How did you do in 2014 and what are you hoping to accomplish this 2015?
Tell me. I want to know.
Photo by my good friend Incredible916 (Music Producer, Photographer, Artist)