I saw the recently released list by MTV Base Africa purporting to be an authority on the “greatest Nigerian songs of “ALL” times” and thought it was a highly embarrassing list on the part of MTV Base Africa to Nigerians and Nigeria’s music industry.
How do you compile a list, as a global media network, and not have Fela Kuti, at a minimum, or King Sunny Ade on that list? This is your expertise. Is this some joke? Talk about dropping the ball big time.
The list, to me, was just a listing of some of Nigeria’s latest contemporary artists and their hot singles, that’s it. Highly embarrassing and indeed I hope they issue an apology to the industry, its professionals, and Nigerians at large; and rethink their strategy when it comes researching and providing credible music content for Nigerians and other Africans.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”