Artists, art imitates life here. Rapper Neno best will be locked up for a long time to come. Read the news story, watch the video.
“Rapper’s always brag about “keeping it real.” One Brooklyn, New rapper named Neno Best, real name Mathew Best, kept it so real he helped the NYPD bring down a ring of gun dealers.
Best posted photos on Instagram of guns and cash. He also made a video on YouTube bragging about “packing more guns than the Air Force.”
Mathew Best a.k.a. Neno Best
Best’s boasts led to an investigation that led to his arrest along with 18 others. More than 200 guns were seized, including SKS semi-automatic Soviet-era rifles that are capable of shooting through “a project door, through the next door, through a wall, through the next wall into the next apartment” sources told the New York Daily News. “That will go through a car, a cop’s armor. That will go through anything we’ve got. . .”
Thisis50.com has the full story.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”