I personally get tired of so called “beef” in Nigeria’s music industry. When the money starts converting to serious Naira/dollar/pounds, then maybe we can do all kinds of beefs. Until then, it is a waste of space and time. But, rapper Iceberg Slim seems to grab attention everytime he shows up and drops M.I’s name in his songs. “Maka” why?
Is he just the perfect publicist or is he so 2000 and late on the diss thing? I would like to see him rake in awards from BET to MTV, and then think to do a diss, if it is absolutely necessary. Otherwise, I fail to see why all this free promotion for M.I and constantly keeping M.I relevant. Is this necessary. Then again, M.I is not complaining and it seems to be working. I am even writing about it so hey . . .
Watch video making the rounds around blogs, if you are so inclined, here.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives