Last month, we heard news of a business dispute between Davido (founder/young executive at the helm of the seemingly successful label HKN Music) and his cousins B-Red and Sina Rambo (label mates). B-Red squashes the rumor in a recent television appearance where he flat out denies the allegations. Needless to say, no surprises there. This is family and family somehow finds a way to work out their issues, at least to some extent. I do believe whatever rift is present, which is absolutely nothing uncommon where family members do business together, it will ultimately be resolved, even if the cousins form their own independent labels in future.
Watch the clip below.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”