Rising music star Burna Boy calls it quit with his mother as his manage, right on the heels of him celebrating a birthday and also releasing a new music video. He recently took to twitter to announce the news.
For artists going into business with family members or friends, be sure to check out the AML podcast below that discusses that issue and provides insights on how to approach situations where family is involved. Begin listening at 39:40.
What You Need to Know Before Going into Business with Family or Friends.
“It’s been a long road to where I am today and my mother Bose Ogulu has managed me the best she could up till this point and am grateful…at this point in my life and career it is time to let my mother be my mother nd let my manager be my manager, therefor Bose Ogulu is longer my manager. all bookings and enquires for BURNA BOY should now referred to firstname.lastname@example.org. thanks for your understanding.”
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company