Congratulations to Biola Alabi for being selected as a Yale World Fellow. As I discussed and anticipated here on AML during the Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards when the press released breaking news that she had allegedly quit MNET, it was only a matter of time, given MNET’s recent move in making her a director of “special projects,” a step down from her lead as director for the continent before she looked elsewhere. The news below confirms her search for other opportunities.
“Biola Alabi has been selected to join the 2014 Yale World Fellow program. The former Managing Director of M-Net Africa will participate in the program alongside 15 other trailblazers from all over the world . . .
Biola who is also a 2012 World Economic Forum Young Global Leader says “Spending five years at the forefront of the flourishing African film and television industry with a business as dynamic and visionary as M-Net has been an incredible experience. Now, as I look forward to immersing myself in the Yale World Fellows programme, I must express my sincere appreciation to M-Net for the opportunities I have had to learn and to lead.”
Biola is currently the Director for Special Projects at M-Net, however, after her Yale fellowship will pursue new career opportunities.” – Bella Naija
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company