Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles are so much more than just the first couple of hip-hop: They’re a combination of two of the savviest businesspeople in entertainment. They made more than any other celebrity couple this year with an estimated $95 million in earnings between June 2012 and June 2013.
Abuja — President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has approved the appointment of a legendary singer, Onyeka Onwenu, as the Executive Director/Chief Executive Officer of the National Centre for Women Development, NCWD, Abuja.
This is not quite a direct industry news but you all should know this.
4. Rick Ross Opens New Wingstop Location
Rapper Rick Ross continues his expansion into the restaurant business, with the opening of a new Wingstop location. Rick Ross has taken ownership of the Deerfield Beach, Florida Wingstop and the rapper now operates four locations.In addition to the Deerfield, Beach location, Rick Ross also owns two Wingstop locations in Memphis, Tennessee and another in his hometown of Miami, Florida.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”