Though XXL reports the split was reportedly amicable, suspicions are still afloat following Twitter beef earlier this summer between Wale and fellow Maybach Music Group rapper and Roc Nation-management client Meek Mill.
In 2009 Wale inked his deal with Roc Nation, whose roster has grown on both management and label fronts. Its management clients include Kanye West, Rihanna, Timbaland, Grimes, Haim and others. As a label, Calvin Harris, Rihanna, Jay Z, J. Cole and Rita Ora are all on board. . .” – Full Story on Billboard.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”