Lanre Davies and the Factory 78 Team report Obi Asika in conjunction with AMPN, have essentially sealed the deal to bring THE VOICE music reality tv show to Nigeria come 2014. What do you all think about this news? Nigeria now has Nigerian Idol, X-Factor, Nigeria’s Got Talent and other music reality tv shows. I think Nigeria’s Got talent got scrapped? Not sure.
Anyway, check out an excerpt.
“It is with great pleasure that (I) announce this new co-production company formed with my good friends Harrie Linders and Arjan Pomper, together we are AMPN and we are bringing global formats to African Markets, with our local and global relationships and our ability to customize we are clear that we have formats that will entertain, educate and also engage. This new partnership will also be working with local content producers to provide access to global platforms, broadcasters and networks. In Africa we are extremely proud to have some global winners and just this week The Voice won best emmy for reality shows in America. We are proud to confirm that we are actively pushing The Voice into Africa in 2014 and we look forward to bringing this to you all on your screens, tablets, mobile and online.”
–Factory 78 has the full story.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives