Wizkid’s star power continues to rise globally. In fact, this 2012 has been incredible for him with his many accolades, collaborations, endorsement deals and important radio and television appearances. However, as he climbs up the music chain, he is bound to severe ties with some of the people that were a part of his success, I guess? The latest news as reported by Hip Hip World Magazine is that Wizkid has severed ties with his long time manager Osagie Osarenkhue. Osarenkhue was responsible for introducing Wizkid to Banky W who subsequently signed the young talent to EME.
AML artists and managers, be sure to check out my archived article on Artists-Manager Agreements/Contracts.
For the news story, check out Hip Hop World Magazine.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”