It’s a not so happy Friday for me. In one week, actually less than 24hours, my favorite label, Chocolate City, just had one of their own pull some “Pafuka” move on social media. I’m still trying to absorb all of it and next you know HKN is acting up. That and the fact that since we opened 2013, it has been everyone calling it quits front, back, left, right, center et al. Sheesh people! Slow your roll and let’s deal with one family crisis and drama at a time.
I would splurge on music right about now, like non-stop hours of music complete with shopping but I have work to do which precludes such indulgence, at least for right now.
So, I’ll pray next week is a better look for the music industry.
Check out the Ted Talk below. Along the lines of all happening this week, I think.
Have a great weekend ahead.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society