I checked into my facebook account yesterday morning (Sunday) and saw an interesting newsfeed by one of my Facebook friends. The feed was about how some of the famous names we know worldwide had a late start in their careers; and yet were able to break through and become success stories we admire. There were entrepreneurs who started life all over at 35 and some as late as 50.
This got me thinking about the importance of having a clarity of purpose in life. Where have you been, where are you headed, where exactly are you trying to go? What is the point of it all? Who is it supposed to benefit, just only you?
The article reiterated that it is NEVER too late to pick yourself up, regardless of the tough cards life may have dealt you, and forge ahead. It also reinforced for me that we are not here on earth to fill up space. We are here to fulfill a purpose. If you don’t know what you are here on earth for, then you are just wandering about aimlessly; and you need to recenter, re-focus and find your purpose. Find your purpose and get about the business of fulfilling it.
AML people, when you find your purpose, there is no goal that you want to achieve that is unattainable.
Basically, it’s Monday. Let’s get it people! Let’s gooooooooooooooo!
Read the article ‘7 Second Act Entrepreneur’.
Extra Inspiration – How to Live Your Dreams by Les Brown
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”