The WIPO Diplomatic Conference on Audiovisual Performances took place from June 20th to 26th, 2012 in Beijing, China. The Conference adopted an international treaty protecting the intellectual property rights of audiovisual performers, such as film and TV actors.
Delegates from WIPO Member States comment on the adoption of the Beijing Treaty. The Treaty extends the protection for audiovisual performers, granting them both economic and moral rights similar to those already recognized for music performers.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives