There is no negotiation when, in the same statement, you say, “Wizkid has his own idea of how he wants to do things and he has plans for himself too.” This statement says it all.
The trust and mutual respect is gone. They both feel betrayed by each other.
At this stage, I am doubtful these two will reconcile. Oh well. Too bad, so sad. C’est la vie. We all keep it moving. On to the next one. Have we talked about Wizkid’s alleged 50/50 deal independent of his alleged 7 album contract deal that has led to this deteriorated situation with EME?
If not, I’ll hold off on it and let’s see if these two actually get back together then we can revisit that discussion.
“Wizkid is going international and as a result we have to re-negotiate the contract he signed. Wizkid has his own idea of how he wants to do things and he has plans for himself too. Wizkid is still with us, there’s no problem, things will be sorted out soon” Banky W told Silverbird.
Industry your thoughts and advice for the young and upcoming ones that may find themselves in this situation? I want to hear from artists and labels. It is hard running a business and many artists, without judging Wizkid, do come to the table with a sense of entitlement. But, an alleged 7 album contract deal? Wow!
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show