D’Banj has been collaborating with names locally and internationally for his upcoming album. He is doing the appropriate appearances on television and radio but something seems amiss and if we go by awards he is not winning or his stage performances, including the most recent one in Zimbabwe where he was booed off stage, it would appear that his star power is beginning to diminish right before our eyes. I don’t really see much innovation, musically speaking. D’Banj says he is more of a business man. Is D’Banj hinting at putting music to the side while pursuing other personal and business ventures. I may be wrong but hey, tell me what you all think. Something doesn’t quite gel when I see D’banj these days.
Is D’banj losing his relevance in Africa’s music industry?
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives