The Media is often accused of misquoting celebrities when in fact they get it right. At the same token, celebrities are often misquoted by media. Either way, DJ Abrantee has issues with a recent claim by the Guardian, who allegedly misquoted him, as the one who coined the term ‘Afrobeats.’
My view? He may not have coined the term but he sure has helped in reviving the term. Should he brag about it? It depends how he does it. On a music CV, he can list that. Otherwise, they say get someone else to carry your story and it goes a mile longer. Either way, DJ Abrantee you addressed it, now “leggo” and let’s get on with the music business at hand, shall we?
Factory 78 sent the video to media but apparently have decided to make it private. Did people get scared or what? Did it create more of a storm? At the end of the day DJ Abrantee is an employee of Choice FM so he has to walk a fine line because he has his bosses to deal with and a job to keep. In any event, the synopsis of the video you can find below, without the video.
Did not get a chance to watch it before it went “private.”
“In a recent interview with Choice’Fm’s Dj Abrantee with The Guardian newspaper , it was reported that the host of the popular Afrobeats radio show claimed to have formed the word “Afrobeats” to describe a new genre of the African music invasion into the UK. This caused a storm in the Afro entertainment industry with the popular host coming under fire for the reported comments. Factory78tv caught up with Abrantee to discuss the recent interview and the storm that followed. Watch the full interview here.”
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company