Industry people y’all know how it is. Time is not on my side today. So much to do, too little time. But, I’mma come deal with this later. If I don’t you guys remind me to. But, mennnh! This is serious stuff.
“Stingomania 360’s boss Ope Banwo has withdrawn all material of two of his label acts, Trybson Dudukoko and Baba Nee from the public. The showbiz investor who is also an active legal practitioner posted the withdrawal in a post titled ‘STINGOMNIA PUBLIC NOTICE ON BABA NEE AND TRYBSON’ on his facebook page in the early hours of Tuesday 27, September 2011.
“In addition to my public Caveat Emptor that all media houses will be receiving in the next few days, I am using this public medium to put everyone on notice that Stingomania Records has exclusive rights by contract to all the musical works and videos of Baba Nee and Trybson and until this contractual dispute is resolved, we are withdrawing all consents to anybody to utilize their works or professional services in any way, shape or form,” Mr. Banwo declared.
Peaking exclusively to YNaija, the Ghetto Dreamz actor, Trybson revealed that this final outburst from the label’s owner is a personal vendetta against the artists.
“He said we breached contract because we started telling him the truth about our career and stopped writing songs for his girlfriend, Bianca,” Trybson said.
The singer also said Mr. Banwo is yet to fulfill his own side of the contract yet he claims to own their lives. “He has not fulfilled his own side of the bargain; he didn’t give us a house to sleep. All he did was produce CDs,” he said.
Trybson also said his boss verbally assaults him and other artists signed to his label a will. . . ” YNaija has the full story.
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show
- AML 154: Los Changuitos Feos – How a Group of Tucson Boys Helped Take Mariachi Music Global