I visited MIT, about two years ago when I was in Boston, to do the tourist thing. I didn’t make it very far as the rain came pouring down. So, unfortunately, I was unable to debunk my long held belief that the school is the ultimate breeding ground for nerds and geeks. 🙂 Blame it on my college days and the many MIT students I met during the numerous NSBE national events I attended.
It appears, however, that contrary to my belief, MIT students do know how to have fun! Check out what they have done with the hit K-Pop (South Korean music industry) song ‘Gangam Style’ by Psy. The song has over 605 million views alone on the official video.
For the MIT video, four days since their upload and they have over 1million hits!
Indeed the Gangam style song and dance has become contagious with many across the world doing their own interpretations. This brings us to our Nigerian artist Dammy Krane’s version. He decided to jump on the bandwagon and all he could come up with was ‘Condom Sir.’ It’s a rather silly version but I suppose it drives home the point about using condom/protection when engaging in sexual activity, especially if you should be so reckless as to have sex with a stranger you just met, as in his storyline.
Nigeria when will we release our own Gangam style? Watch the video clips below.
That’s it from me, for today, folks.
Have a great day.
Ellen De Generes Gangam Style
Dammy Krane Version
Appearance on NBC
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company