Following Kaffy’s attack, via social media, on Davido for allegedly canceling services of dancers (presumably her and her team) and disrespecting them at the 3Thrones event held this past weekend, new information and video emerges from TheNET.ng showing what appears to be a false allegation on the part of Kaffy. Was it all a publicity stunt? Publicity stunts are becoming common place in the industry. Is this one of them? You be the judge.
The new information/evidence from TheNet.ng
“…a new video on social media caught our attention, where Davido was seen on stage at the 3 Thrones concert dancing with DNMT (Dance Na the Main Thing) dancers.
Our correspondent immediately reached out to the lead choreographer of DNMT, Michael Igbelabo who spoke to us exclusively, saying Davido did not send his dancers off stage at any time.
In his words, ‘I really understand and appreciate Kaffy standing up for dancers but on this 3 Thrones show, she was not around or involved, the only way she came in is through Tiwa Savage, she’s been her official choreographer for a long time. But for Davido and Phyno’s set, DNMT were the official dancers and no one was sent off stage.’
He continued to say, ‘All Davido said during rehearsals was he won’t want the dancers to do all the songs because he’ll want to do some songs alone, but the organisers insisted and he was cool with it. We did all the songs together and no one complained or shouted backstage and that was why I even posted the video on Instagram the next day. Davido may have offended Kaffy before that day I wouldn’t know, but am sure of this particular one and of course my dancers know I’ll always fight for them no matter what if he did send them off stage I’ll be the one calling him out.’’
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives