Celebrities Behaving Badly (CBB) documents terrible, immature and/or inappropriate conduct on social media by creative talents, mostly celebrities, and uses it as a way of discussing, primarily, public relations and branding for artists. On to today’ s post…
This is a very bad CBB case.
Kanye West announced his new album on Twitter and said it would be called ‘Waves.’ Wiz Khalifa responded and objected to it being called ‘Waves’ explaining ‘Waves’ was a movement by an artist currently incarcerated. How did Kanye respond? He dragged Amber Rose, his ex-girlfriend and now ex-wife to Wiz Khalifa, and Wiz’s child into the picture. And boy did Kanye go on a mindless twitter rant? You bet. Wiz finally responded and effectively shut down the foolishness causing Kanye to delete tweets.
AML artists, there is an accepted myth that artists are these volatile human beings unable to manage their emotions. Reject this myth. What you do on social media can have a long term effect on your personal brand, long after the music ends. By personal, I mean you your family and your loved ones. Think before you post. If you are angry, avoid social media till you calm down because once you put it out there, you can’t take it back.
See the tweets below.
Wiz Khalifa and crew come for ‘Ye *** Sigh, the foolishness is real.*
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show