Recording artist and performer Anidugbe Oluwatobiloba Daniel aka Kiss Daniel claimed he graduated in 2013 from college with a degree in Water Engineering. This would make him eighteen years at the time of graduation. For whatever reason, fans believe he is lying about his age and it has morphed into something that is quite distracting, if you ask me. Nevertheless, he had the opportunity during a recent television appearance to clear the drama on his age and direct his fans back to the music. Instead, he gave a very weird response stating he has to put out a press statement to reveal his age. I know we have a long way to go as an industry but still… common. As in? You need a press statement to reveal your real age? You are talking to the press on national television. How old are you?
Watch the rest/full interview.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives