Artists, watch this and do the opposite of it with your relationships with fellow label mates i.e. avoid the drama, really. Also, careful about labels that create atmospheres that have you competing with label mates. Aside from all that, K.Michelle also drops serious music business industry knowledge and issues surrounding creative freedom for artists.
Warning: There are some silly irrelevant talks about vagina.
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’