“In line with efforts by the international community to clampdown on smoking, the Lagos state government has announced plans to ban smoking in public places in the state.
The state’s Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Ade Ipaye, made this known on Monday when he stated that “the provisions of the new traffic laws had prohibited people from drinking or smoking while driving in the state.”
He hinted that the ban on smoking will be an extension of the state’s traffic law which already forbids drivers to drink.
According to Mr Ipaye, “it is an offence to smoke while driving, smoking is totally prohibited for drivers; obviously it is not just for safety reasons it is also for health reasons because we are moving towards banning smoking in all public places. . .”
Channels TV has the full story.
Photocredit: Channels TV
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo
- AML 147: Meet Temi Adeniji, MD Warner Music South Africa & SVP, Strategy, Sub-Saharan Africa
- AML 146: Women in “Afrobeats” Music – Eva Alordiah, Weird MC, Joy Tongo
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry