Multiple Award winning Actress, Producer and Singer, Stella Damasus addresses statements made by Ghanian Filmmaker Leila Djansi about the Nigerian Motion Picture Industry dubbed Nollywood.
“I don’t think those people, the new crop of filmmakers should be put under the umbrella of Nollywood,” said Djansi in an interview granted to actor Jimmy Jean Louis for his documentary ‘Jimmy Goes to Nollywood.’ “They should be called independent film(makers) because a name carries a lot. If you start tagging it “Nollywood,” every negative connotation that comes with Nollywood, it’s like calling your son Hitler.”
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”