Lil Kesh, Olamide’s Protégé, recently appeared on Rubbin’ Minds with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu to discuss the music business and his career. Here are some highlights on what he had to say:
- No one is there to help artists in the music industry.
- Olamide had a leadership mentality of signing his acts, teaching about the business and then letting them go to create even more leaders.
- Lil Kesh understands the market so he gives fans what they want.
- He is a reserved person and doesn’t like to flaunt. He let’s his music speak.
- He is respectful of persons in the industry but has limited friends.
- He said he is proud of Wizkid and Davido and believes they are taking Nigerian music to higher heights.
- He wants to be a business man in future.
- Featuring a top artist on a track doesn’t mean the song will be successful or that you will.
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show