We’ve had a couple of AML podcast guests weigh in on the Lil’ Wayne Cash Money Record label dispute. If you missed their inputs, do revisit it below. I’ll also take on the legal drama if and when they sue in a future podcast episode. The complaint Lil’ Wayne files with the court, if he does sue, should tell us what he claims is really going on in this label dispute.
1. Mir Harris with ASCAP – We get into it right from the onset of the interview. (start at 5min mark)
2. Carter J. Russell with Comma Music who actually worked with Birdman and Lil’Wayne at the onset of of Lil’Wayne signing to Cash Money – We also get right into from the onset of the interview.
“Lil Wayne is ready to take his feud with Birdman to the next level … threatening to drag him and Cash Money into court if they don’t drop his album NOW.
Sources very close to the feud tell TMZ … Wayne has issued a simple ultimatum, in writing, no less — release “Tha Carter V” pronto … or he will sue to leave Cash Money altogether.
We’re told Wayne is standing firm in his belief the album is ready to go — but Birdman still says there’s a lot of behind-the-scenes work left to be done.”
Full story on TMZ.
What are your thoughts on this whole situation?
Photocredit: Getty Images
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show
- AML 154: Los Changuitos Feos – How a Group of Tucson Boys Helped Take Mariachi Music Global